The word “lesson” during the summer time can be a very scary thing for children and teens. Summer is the time when they have no homework, and they can finally pay attention to things like social media and video games. Summer can also be a great time to relax, go to the beach, and enjoy family vacations. Even suggesting lessons can definitely put a lot of stress on their precious time off. However, we have found summer music lessons can be one of those activities that awaken artistic interest in children and teens.
The 5 Top Reasons Summer is the PERFECT TIME TO START MUSIC LESSONS!
After collecting some information from our teachers and parents, we’ve reached these conclusions:
1. Students who take private music lessons during the summer in voice, piano, guitar and the like tend to advance faster. During this time, most kids have no homework, therefore, they can dedicate more time to learning an instrument.
2. Summer can be fun, but it can also be very boring; adding music lessons eases boredom. Spending time learning an instrument keeps kids working on something positive and staying out of trouble, especially when the parents are at work and they are home by themselves. When students start working on pieces that they can quickly show off to their friends and family, they get a great feeling of accomplishment!
3. Combining music lessons and free time is a great recipe for making friends. When kids attend music schools, they get to meet others with the same interests, creating new and long-lasting friendships. This applies to adults also!
4. Adults can also take advantage of music lessons. Maybe now, during the slower summer months, you might have the time to finally dedicate an hour or two a day to that instrument you have always wanted to play. If you can go through the challenging parts of learning an instrument during the summer, when it’s time to get back to work, lessons will be easier and less tedious.
5. Voice lessons aren’t just for singers! Professional speakers such as teachers, lawyers, doctors etc. are the worse vocal abusers! In professions such as these, your voice is your way of making a living! Learning simple vocal exercises, typically used for singers, can help keep your voice in good health for your profession. Taking lessons during your time off in the summer can truly help protect your career. When you are back to your busy work schedule and have to do things such as travel, lessons with one of our certified coaches are still available via Skype or FaceTime from anywhere in the world!