Many of you probably watched live as this 12 y/o little bundle of joy and her Ukulele claimed the top prize at one of the most famous talent competitions around the world, America’s Got Talent! In 2016 she won a 1 million dollar recording contract and her on show in Las Vegas. Not too shabby!!!!!
Since that day, we have been doing some research on this fun instrument, We started to realize that it’s becoming a trend among young musicians, first time learners, and adults. Many professional recording artists like 21 pilots are making it the "Cool instrument to play". In this instant gratification world of today, the Ukulele, can give the new student the ability to play and accompany oneself rather quickly. This instant gratification leads to the student wanting to practice and perform. It's a total WIN, WIN for students and parents!
Here are our TOP 8 Reasons we think the Ukulele is the perfect instrument for beginners!
1. The Ukulele is a small instrument and has 4 strings. This makes it a perfect instrument for children, whose hands and fingers are still small and not strong enough to play larger instruments like the guitar!
2. If you don't know how to read music it is an excellent instrument to learn because most music for the Ukulele is written in easy to read Tablature.
3. It is one of the most affordable instruments and is perfect for parents and students on a budget. You can find a good Ukulele for about $50-$100
4. The versatility of this instrument also allows you to play any kind of music like jazz, evergreens, pop, soul, Hawaiian and more!
5. You can jam with your friends on the uke, no need to plug in, no need for bass or drums.
6. A ukulele player can easily play the chords to a song while a parent, sibling or other friend play the same song on guitar for an instant musical duet!
7. It's also cute, instant conversation starter and a new hope for people who always wanted to learn how to play a stringed instrument but didn't.
8. Lastly, learning to strum the ukulele leads naturally to singing faster than any other instrument!
We are now pleased to offer ukulele lessons at New Haven Academy of Performing Arts.There is nothing better than the joy of being able to learn and play your favorite songs, and the ukulele is the perfect instrument to get started on.
We can start you on the right path, with proper technique, a bit of music theory, and a TON of fun!
So, if you or your child would like to start learning an instrument, think about the ukulele, who knows this might just be the next "BIG THING" !
Get your FREE In-Person Ukulele Lesson at New Haven Academy of Performing Arts . Contact us today at 475-238-8119 or simply fill out the form below and one of our office staff will be in touch with you